Minister of Families, Children and Social Development, Karina Gould, announced the designation of four additional passport pick-up locations across the country. Effective immediately, Canadians can now apply for and pick up their passport at the following Service Canada Centres:
- Sudbury, Ontario (Sudbury Service Canada Centre)
- Lethbridge, Alberta (Lethbridge Service Canada Centre)
- Kingston, Ontario (Kingston Service Canada Centre)
- Sherbrooke, Québec. (Sherbrooke Service Canada Centre)
In addition to the existing passport offices offering pick-up service, Canadians with proof of travel can now both apply and request in-person pick-up of their passport at a total of eight Service Canada Centres. Unlike the regular Service Canada Centres, these eight locations offer 10-day service, which means that Canadians can apply for a passport in one of those locations and the passport will be available in 10 business days, either by mail or in person pick-up. If Canadians need their passport in less than 10 business days, they will need to visit a passport office that offers Express or Urgent pick-up service.
The expansion of pick-up sites will allow many Canadians who need to pick up passports to do so closer to their homes. Service Canada is fully committed to providing passport services within 50km of the home of Canadians. Also, more scheduled outreach sites that will provide certain passport services will be added in the coming weeks across the country.
- Since April 1, 2022, Service Canada has issued 912,236 passports.
- For the week of August 22 to 28, 2022, Service Canada has issued 54,667 passports.
- Started in the week of June 20, triage measures were implemented in 17 passport offices across the country.
- On July 25, Service Canada expanded the passport pick-up service to 5 additional passport offices: Brampton, Whitby, Pointe-Claire, Calgary Sundance and Richmond.
- On July 29, Service Canada announced that Canadians who provided a duly completed application by mail more than 20 business days ago, and are travelling within the next 20 business days, can visit any of over 300 Service Canada Centers to make a transfer request to ensure their application is processed in time for their travel.
- On August 17, Service Canada announced that Canadians with proof of travel can apply for and pick up their passport at Service Canada Centres in Trois-Rivières, Sault Ste. Marie, Charlottetown and Red Deer.