The province’s Special Investigations Unit is investigating the circumstances surrounding the death of a 34-year-old man early this morning in Brampton.
Preliminary information suggests the following:
- At approximately 4 a.m. on April 2, 2023, Peel Regional Police officers responded to a disturbance call at an apartment building located in the area of Kennedy Road North and Vodden Street East.
- Officers became involved in an interaction with a man. The man was apprehended under the Mental Health Act.
- Shortly after, the man went into distress and then went vital signs absent.
- The officers administered first aid to the man until the arrival of Emergency Medical Services.
- The man was transported to hospital where he was pronounced deceased.
Three investigators and two forensic investigators have been assigned to the case.
The SIU is urging anyone who may have information about this investigation, including video or photos, to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529 or online at: https://siu.on.ca/en/appeals.php