Daniel Lewis, Chair of the Brampton Board of Trade and Todd Letts, its CEO, announced Todd Letts’ intention to complete his tenure as CEO of the Brampton Board of Trade effective January 1st, 2024 after nine impactful and exciting years.
“On behalf of the Board, our members and community stakeholders, we thank Todd for his outstanding leadership,” said Daniel Lewis, Chair, Brampton Board of Trade. “Todd’s impact brought so many opportunities to our business community and positive profile to our city.”
“I have enjoyed serving Brampton businesses for 9 years. The time is right for me to now focus on family and other professional pursuits,” said Todd Letts, outgoing CEO of the Brampton Board of Trade. “As the chamber of commerce industry continues to transform, it is time for new leadership at the Brampton Board of Trade.”
In his nine years with the Board of Trade, Todd led:
• Strong relationships with elected leaders to advance important infrastructure investments including faster and more frequent GO Train service for commuters.
• Impactful supply chain advocacy campaigns to support local exporters and Brampton’s logistics sector resulting in government approvals for the Milton Logistics Hub.
• Meaningful economic development collaborations among business communities across the country, including being a charter member of Canada’s Global Cities Council.
• Successful bids to host the 2021 Canada’s Innovation Corridor Summit and the 2022 Ontario Chamber of Commerce AGM, showcasing Brampton’s dynamic business community and attractive community features.
• Intense team efforts that kept business owners, their employees and visitors healthy during COVID. Board advocacy led to the approval of on-site vaccinations for major employers in Brampton’s food processing and logistics sectors, stemming the virus spread.
“For me, the highlights were the many conversations with Brampton’s small business owners, learning of their dreams, gaining their trust and helping them find the people, products and processes they needed to succeed,” said Letts.
During his tenure as Brampton Board of Trade CEO, Todd was named 2022 Canadian Chamber Executive of the Year. He was also awarded the 2015 James Carnegie Award for Leadership and Mentorship from Chamber Executives of Ontario, the chamber industry’s professional development network.
While stepping down from Brampton’s Board of Trade, Todd will remain active providing strategic advice and facilitating important initiatives with chambers of commerce throughout North America and beyond. He will continue to represent Canada as Vice-Chair, Americas, for the World Chambers Federation.
“I want to thank the Board of Directors, volunteers, staff, stakeholders, sponsors and members for their strong support over the years,” said Letts “There is so much to be proud of in Brampton. I love Brampton and its bright future ahead.”